Monday 15 September 2014

Vegan MoFo #11 - Mocha Frappé & Sweet Freedom Review


 The kind folks over at Sweet Freedom recently sent me some of their products to review and to use in recipes, and I'm so glad they did! They sent me some of their natural sweetness syrup 'Sweet Freedom' and some of their liquid hot chocolate 'Choc Shot'.


Sweet Freedom is a natural syrup made 100% from fruit! It's GM and gluten free, vegan and low GI.

I've been drizzling this on fruit, yogurt and granola for breakfasts this week and I really love it. It's a great vegan replacement for honey and it has a mild, sweet and slightly fruity taste. I particularly like the fact that its quite thick, so reminded me more of honey than agave syrup does. I can't wait to use some next time I bake flapjacks! 


Choc Shot is chocolate in liquid form! It's made using Sweet Freedom Syrup so is still naturally sweetened but you wouldn't know it. This stuff is seriously like Heaven in a bottle and I know I will be buying it regularly. It's delicious in hot chocolate (just mix a few  teaspoons into hot almond milk), drizzled on pancakes, as a sauce for ice cream or spread on toast. I think I could actually drink this from the bottle it's so good! A little bird told me that there are soon to be two new flavors of Choc Shot coming out soon, I can't wait to try them.

You can find Sweet Freedom & Choc Shot in most supermarkets and Holland & Barrett in the UK.


Today's recipe is simple but just what I need on a gloomy Monday morning! Coffee and Chocolate are a marriage made in Heaven, and this Mocha Frappé is really quick to make and just as good (if not better) than any you can buy in a coffee shop (and an awful lot cheaper too!)


Mocha Frappé
Serves 1

1C ice
1 1/4C hazelnut milk
1tsp instant espresso powder
2Tbsp Choc Shot

Soy whipped cream & Choc Shot to serve

Add the ice, milk, espresso and choc shot to a blender and blitz for a couple of minutes, until everything is well blended together.

Pour into a glass and top with some soy squirty cream and a drizzle of choc shot!

1 comment:

  1. I love Choc Shot but I haven't tried the sweeteners yet. Now I really want to!

    ReplyDelete