Wednesday 10 September 2014

Vegan MoFo #8 - Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Chips


Bagel Chips. Chips made out of slices of bagel. I didn't even know such a thing existed until recently but I'm glad I do now!

These are a really delicious snack on their own, with some fruit or even dipped in some soy yogurt or other sweet dip.

There are loads of different flavor possibilities to try, but I couldn't resist making chips out of a cinnamon raisin bagel and coating them in sweet cinnamon sugar.


Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Chips
Serves 2

1 Cinnamon raisin bagel
2Tbsp vegan butter, melted
2Tbsp caster sugar
1/2tsp cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 150 and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.

Slice the bagel into 1/2cm pieces and place in a ziplock bag. Pour in the butter and seal the bag, shake well until each bagel slice is nicely soaked. Place in one layer onto the baking sheet and bake for 10mins on one side and then for a further 3mins on the other side. 

Remove from the oven and place in a ziplock bag. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together and pour into the bag. Shake really well to coat each chip in the spiced, sugary goodness. Transfer to an airtight container, or...y'no...to your mouth.

3 comments:

  1. Huh, I'd never heard of these either. But they sure look good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bagel chips are my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy! I'll give it a try :)
    I have a vegan blog too, would love it if you could check it out: www.vegannigerian.com

    ReplyDelete