Tuesday 7 October 2014

Pumpkin Pie Dip


I adore pumpkin pie, I remember the first time I tried one that my mum made and how delicious it was! As much as I like to bake a pie, it does take quite a bit of time and effort so I tend to only bake them for special occasions - I will definitely be baking a Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving this year! But when I'm craving Pumpkin Pie but don't want to slave away in the kitchen for hours I make this dip.

I kid you not it tastes EXACTLY like Pumpkin Pie filling! But it takes about two minutes to throw together. I like to serve this with apple and pear slices, and some speculoos or gingernut biscuits to dip. You could even make some little leaf shaped cookies out of pastry and then it would really be like the pie!


Pumpkin Pie Dip
Makes 2 cups

1/2C dairy free cream cheese
1C pureed pumpkin
1/2C liquid sweetener (sweet freedom/agave/maple)
1/2C powdered sugar
2tsp cinnamon
1tsp nutmeg
1/8tsp allspice
1/8tsp cloves

Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth and thick. Either serve immediately or place in an airtight container in the fridge until serving.

Keeps well for 3 days in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any recommendations for an powdered sugar alternative? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can either make your own by whizzing caster sugar in a food processor until fluffy, or just use 1/3C liquid sweetener in place of the 1/2C powdered sugar

      Delete