Saturday 1 November 2014

Peanut Butter S'more Cookies


Happy World Vegan Day!
 For this special occasion I thought I would bake some cookies for Pete to take into work to share with his colleagues! It's a great way to show what vegan food is like!

I was thinking of making my Rocky Road Cookies but then I ended up making Peanut Butter S'more Cookies - I just can't resist anything with peanut butter!

These cookies are deliciously soft, packed full of peanut-buttery goodness and studded with roasty chewy marshmallow bits and dark chocolate chips.


Peanut Butter S'more Cookies
Adapted from The Ms Cupcake Cookbook
Makes 18

1C smooth peanut butter
1/3C crunchy peanut butter
1C sugar
1/3C light brown sugar
1/2C golden syrup
1/2C vegan margarine
2C plain flour
1/2C dark chocolate chips
1C mini vegan marshmallows

Preheat the oven to 150 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Cream together all the peanut butters, sugars, syrup and margarine until light and fluffy. Add the flour and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows and use an ice cream scoop to drop balls of the dough onto the baking sheet leaving a good amount of space between the balls as the cookies do spread. Flatten slightly with damp hands and bake for 15mins. 
Remove the tray from the oven and whack it on the kitchen counter to flatten the cookies out.
Leave to cool for a few minutes on the tray and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.

Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days, although I doubt they will last that long!

2 comments:

  1. Cookis in marshmallows? That is awesome! Happy belated world vegan day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Love our blog, discovered while searching for vegan aquafaba macarons!! Cant wait to try yours! <3
    I'd love to bake those cookies aswell... Have you made them since ou posted the recipe? Or should I say, have you made them since the aquafaba discovery? Id like to make them, because beofre, I didnt have any access to vegan marshamallows. (BTW, I guess Mihl's recipe for s'more should work? funny, she commented just above mince! ^^) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete