Monday 15 December 2014

Candy Cane Sugar


I don't know about you, but I love giving and receiving homemade gifts! It's just so special and fun! I often give edible gifts for Christmas - my Dad always requests a box of my Rocky Road for any special occasion - and this year I've been coming up with some different Christmas gift ideas for my friends and family.

This Candy Cane Sugar is so simple to make but oh my goodness is it amazing! It smells and tastes so delicious (and doesn't it look so pretty?) This sugar is perfect stirred into coffee, hot chocolate or baked into biscuits and cakes! 

I was also able to use some of my beautiful chalkboard labels from Kidecals to label the sugar, and I think they make the gifts look even cuter!


Candy Cane Sugar
Makes 2 cups

1 3/4C caster sugar
6 candy canes

Pour the sugar into the bowl of your food processor and break the candy canes into small pieces before adding them. Pulse until the sugar has turned a beautiful pale pink and just small pieces of candy cane remain. Pour carefully into a jar and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment