Tuesday 6 October 2015

October Crafternoon/Fimo Clay Beads


This month marks one whole year of crafternoons! I can't believe it's been a whole year, we've had so much fun and our little group has grown so close in friendship. I'm looking forward to what this year has in store!

This month's crafternoon was Autumn/Fall themed, and you know what that means! PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! I made this glittery sign to hang over my fireplace inspired by the lovely Brittany Ketterman (Brittkett on Instagram) and I'm so glad I did, it looks so cute hanging above the black fireplace! I may never take it down! (Until the Christmas decorating begins, of course!)



As always I made some sweet favours for everyone, they also worked as name places for the table. Like last year's October Crafternoon I made some Pumpkin Spice Syrup and put it in adorable little bottles for everyone to take home. I also made some mini Pumpkin Pies and of course everyone got a teensy pumpkin too. Making favours for the girls must be one of my favourite things about hosting the crafternoons!


I made some autumnal Butternut Squash Soup which we ate with lots of crusty rolls, and people brought snacks to share - Emma Jane even made some yummy Vegan Peanut Butter Flapjacks, which were amazing!



The craft this month was making beads out of Fimo Clay. It was a really fun craft to do as everyone ended up with something different and unique. It was great to see the different styles of beads everyone came up with! If you want to make some yourself you can find fimo clay in most craft shops or on Amazon. Once you've shaped your beads you simply bake them at 130 for 30mins and then leave them in the oven without opening the door until it's completely cold (I left them overnight to be sure!) 



Once the beads were all done we had our usual gift swap (which we all really love!) And we got a bit silly with the pumpkins! We drank lots of tea, had lots of laughs and just had such a wonderful time! I can't wait for next month's crafternoon!



1 comment:

  1. This is all so cute! I want a vegan crafty club :P

    ReplyDelete