Thursday 19 November 2015

Kool-Aid Playdoh


I have a confession to make...I love playdoh, well I love playing with it, I love the feel of it but boy oh boy do I hate the smell of it! I know loads of people who LOVE the smell but I can't stand it one bit! I also don't like how pricey it is, especially when a lot of it ends up stuck on the carpet or eaten by a certain cute toddler! 

I figured if Hal's going to sneak nibbles of it I'd rather make my own - that way I know what's in it at least! I searched Pinterest for tutorials and found out that you can add color and scents to your playdoh by adding Kool-Aid to it! As someone who loves colorful stuff I couldn't resist trying it out, and I'm really happy with the results! 

This playdoh is really soft and smooth, it's quick and easy to make and it looks and smells great! I'm planning to make some little pots of different colors for some kids for Christmas this year - who doesn't love playdoh!?

And now that I know how easy it is to make, I'm looking forward to creating all sorts of different scented playdoh for different seasons - I'm thinking gingerbread at Christmas, to make pretend cookies! How much fun will that be!


Kool-Aid Playdoh
Adapted from this fab tutorial
Makes 1 batch in 1 color

1C plain flour
1/4C salt
1Tbsp coconut oil
2/3C hot water
1 packet of Kool-Aid

In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together the flour, salt and kool-aid. Add the coconut oil to the hot water and let it melt before adding it to the dry mixture. Mix together with a wooden spoon at first and then with your hands until a soft dough comes together. It might seem a but wet but it gets dryer as it cools so don't worry! That's it! So simple, right?

Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment