Wednesday 18 November 2015

Mini Bounty Bars


Bounty bars are something that I never really knew I liked, until I went vegan and couldn't have the regular dairy-filled ones. Once I made them myself I realized how simply delicious they are. A sweet, soft coconut center encased in delectable dark chocolate. So good and so simple to make!



Mini Bounty Bars
20 mini bars

2 1/2C desiccated coconut
3tsp liquid sweetener of choice (I used golden syrup)
1/2C coconut oil, melted
1/4C powdered sugar
1/2C coconut cream*

200g dark chocolate

*if you can't get coconut cream buy full fat coconut milk, refrigerate a can and scoop the cream from the top.

Mix all of the ingredients (except the chocolate) together in a small mixing bowl until everything is well combined. Scoop tablespoons of the mixture and form into small bars using your hands (you may find it easier if you moisten your hands a little) Place the bars on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and refrigerate for an hour.

Melt the chocolate and carefully dip each bar, coating them in a thick layer of the chocolate before returning them to the baking tray. If you want them to look exactly like bounty bars you can use a teaspoon to make the pattern on the top. Leave them in the fridge to set for a couple of hours. Remove from the fridge 10 minutes before eating.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.


3 comments:

  1. Did you post these to 'What fat vegans eat' on Facebook? These look incredible but I swear I saw them elsewhere today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, thank you so much for this recipe, I so miss Bounty bars! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too!! I totally thought coconut was gross until about six or seven years ago and by then it was too late to try a Bounty bar! Your homemade version looks so good and sounds so quick and easy.

    ReplyDelete